Underwood Counselor Resources
Welcome To Underwood Elementary
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive guidance program based on Social and Emotional Learning for students. The Second Step program is a social-emotional learning program that teaches various social and emotional skills such as emotion recognition and management, empathy, problem-solving, bullying prevention, and goal-setting. We also implement the Six Pillars of Character into our lessons as well: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. We focus on helping students acquire the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to become effective students and responsible citizens.
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Classroom guidance
- Collaboration with teachers, parents, and administrators
How to see the counselor?
- Student self-referral
- Staff referral
- Parent referral
Covid-19 related resources:
Mental Health First Aid resources:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline - 1-800-273-Talk(8255)
24hour/7day/week hotline for anyone feeling sad, hopeless, or suicidal
- Crisis Text Line - Text "MHFA" to 741741
24hour/7day/week text line for anyone with mental health challenges
- The Trevor Project - (866) 488-7386 - https://www.thetrevorproject.
Trained counselors available 24hour/7day/week to support youth in crisis
- Permian Basin MHMR - (844) 420-3964 - https://www.pbmhmr.com/
- The Recovery Village - https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/mental-health/